This latest product from Kasia is no ordinary coat rack, but rather a Limited Run Artist Edition Functional Art Piece signed by the Artist. Each one is unique and hand made so there will be some variation from one to the next. Pre-Order one here: https://www.kasiapolkowskashop.com/product/pre-sale-mountain-layer-coat-hanger-turquoise-hue-10x27/
Many steps and various processes went into creating each one.
- Choose between Blue, Turquoise and Orange
- Weight: 3.5lbs
- Made from 1/2 mdf which is hand cut and sanded before painting
- Painted with 2 coats of sating black paint on the back and the edges
- Front is primed white, then two coats of the different colors is applied
- The black and accent linework is done with an acrylic paint marker
- The finished artwork is first spray varnished then a coat of satin varnish is bushed on by hand
- It is signed by the artist on the front
- On the back there is a graphic with artist info
I first came up with this idea 2+ years ago, when I started noticing more and more sweaters, jackets and dinosaur costumes being thrown around the house – something that is a given with 2 little kids and us going in and out of the house 20 times a day in the constantly changing Colorado mountain weather.
A wall mounted coat hanger was what we needed but I couldn’t find one I liked enough to hang in a prominent part of our house, so I took matters into my own hands, transforming a typically simple but very essential and functional object into an artpiece that expresses something about me – my love of mountains and bright colors. Today we have 3 of these hanging at home and I don’t feel bad about having all these wacky outfits hanging on the wall because they are accompanied by art that I love.
Post a Comment